Community Education for Summit & Medina Counties
BWS has a community wide Outreach Program addressing topics such as Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Healthy/Unhealthy Relationships, Shelter Services and Programs, Donation Drives and much more!
AREA SCHOOLS are welcome to invite our staff to facilitate classroom lectures and discussions which are age appropriate, non-threatening and tailored for students of any grade. Topics include Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships and Dating Violence.
Girls Against Violence Against Women is a specific program aimed at building healthy relationships skills for girls ages 10-18.
CHURCHES, BUSINESSES, CLUBS, AND GROUPS are encouraged to schedule a speaker for any of their meetings, lunches, dinners, and trainings. We can also help kick off a donation drive with an educational speech and video. Topics for speaking engagements include:
- Myths and Facts about domestic violence
- Services that are available
- Information about victims
- Information about offenders
- Effects of domestic violence on children
- Understanding the cycle of abuse
- How domestic violence effects the entire community
- Domestic violence and animal abuse