Thank you for showing interest in becoming a Community Volunteer at
The Battered Women's Shelter!
Community Volunteer's are local organizations, clubs, businesses, and students that are inquiring about providing service for a one day project less than 6 hours. Community Volunteers are required to be accompanied by a staff person to the site of the project and supervised while performing the project. Due to the need of supervision, please allow for a minimum of 2 weeks notice before the project's excepted date.
Please be advised some of our projects have a cost associated to allow for purchasing of resources needed to perform the project. Please be aware of your group's financial capabilities. The Volunteer Coordinator will try to accommodate your group's financial capabilities in regards to choosing the project. We also may request that the group provide their own materials and tools to complete the certain projects.
All Community Volunteers MUST submit a Proposal Form a minimum of 2 weeks before the project date.
- Organizing and cleaning the Shelter's Food Pantries
- Cleaning up the playgrounds
- Tidying up the yard and landscaping at the Shelters
- Painting/or Making repairs to the Shelters
- Playing games or doing activities with the children
- Helping with homework or tutoring
- Putting together a craft or activity class for the kids to participate in
- Activities with the clients such as pedicures, massages or others
- Organizing an event/ workshop for the clients
- Teaching special skills such as sewing, yoga or other hobbies
**Be aware that projects may vary due to need, time, and season causing not all projects to be available. Requests may be denied depending on these constraints. Also, be advised that our agency may have crises that arise that could result in a last minute cancellation of a project. **
Still have questions, please contact: Hannah Servedio at 330-860-5637 or HannahS@scmcbws.org.