HOW TO BECOME AN AGENCY VOLUNTEER
Thanks for your interest in becoming an Agency Volunteer at the Battered Women's Shelter! We classify an Agency Volunteer as a partner who provides an ongoing service to our agency. Our Agency Volunteers are provided a tailored training that allows them to choose from a variety of experience within the Battered Women's Shelter and our sister agency, the Rape Crisis Center.
We are excited to utilize your passion, dedication and service to continue raising awareness through prevention efforts and advocate for all those affected by domestic and sexual violence.
To get a better understanding of the process, please read the following information that pertains to volunteer placement:
1. Review our current Agency Volunteer opportunities by clicking here.
2. Complete and submit the Agency Volunteer application.
a. If you are seeking an internship opportunity, please click here to find more details on how to become an intern!
3. Once your Agency Volunteer application has been received, you will be contact by the Volunteer Specialist to schedule an interview.
4. Attend an interview with the Volunteer Specialist.
5. Attend the New Volunteer Orientation and complete paperwork.
6. Attend training. Training ranges from 20-40 hours depending on the opportunity.
7. Complete a FBI and BCI&I background check.
a. Volunteers will be responsible for covering costs associated with obtaining the background checks. The cost is about $60.
8. Once training and background checks have been completed, placement can begin!
Are you looking for information on ONE TIME volunteer opportunties? Group Projects? Community Service Hours?
Any Questions? Contact Hannah Servedio
974 East Market Street
Akron, OH 44305