SUMMIT AND MEDINA COUNTY BATTERED WOMEN'S SHELTERS help thousands of people every year to stand, find courage, grow, change and gain independence. With your help we can continue to keep a safe, healthy residence for those families who have chosen a violent-free life.
IN KIND DONATIONS
Ongoing Shelter Needs
Our shelters would not be able to provide essential items to victims without your assistance. The following items are currently needed in the shelters for both children and adults:
- Cleaning Supplies: bleach, Lysol/Pine Sol - type cleaners, Latex/rubber gloves, and drain cleaner
- Over the Counter Medication: Adult and Children, Advil, upset stomach, allergy
- Paper Products: large & kitchen trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, plastic cups and utensils
- Full size sheet sets
- Diapers (sizes 4-6)
- Crib Sheets
- NEW Men/Women/Children underwear, adult size coats (new or gently used), men's hoodies/shirts L, XL, 2X (for big teens!)
- New/Used Towels
Ongoing Shelter Needs can be dropped off Monday-Friday between 8:30a-4:30p at 974 East Market Street, Akron Ohio 44305. Call our Donation Coordinator, Kathy, at 330-374-0740 ext 112 for alternate delivery days/times or to discuss a donation you may have or a collection you want to conduct. Thank you!
Clothing, Appliances, and/or Furniture Donations
We are NOT accepting donations of used clothing, appliances, and/or furniture donations at this time. We are renovating the building and will have a clothing bank up and running in about a year. Check our website for information about when the clothing bank will open.
In mid-February we will be closing one of the Summit shelters and moving the clients to the new shelter. We will not have a kitchen up and running until May or later. We need help to feed the clients, but will only have microwave ovens, toasters, and refrigerators available. We need any food that can be easily microwaved or toasted - tv dinners, meals, frozen potatoes, etc.
As always, donations to the food bank under our account is welcomed!
Step 1: Collect a Monetary Donation from Family and Friends
Step 2: Write a Check to the Akron/ Canton Regional Food Bank
* For Medina County: Place in the Memo Field "For Acct # C622"
* For Summit County: Place in the Memo Field "For Acct # C022"
Step 3: Mail the Check to: Akron/ Canton Regional Food Bank, 350 Opportunity Parkway, Akron Ohio 44307